Tuesday, October 25, 2016

The Door

I opened the door, it creaked loudly as it swung open along the hinges. The room was dark except for the small lamp in the middle of the room. The lamp sat in a wooden table along with a folded piece of paper, I walked to it. I reached down slowly and picked up the yellowed note, it read "Can't. Leave." I inspected it more, flipping it to the other side but it was all blank save for those two words. I heard the door shut but the echoes all around me made it impossible to know where it came from. The lamp only illuminated the small table, I couldn't see more than that. The walls were dark and seemingly far away. I heard a strange noise, scratching, scuttling, movement of some kind. I walked towards the lamp so that I could see around me as the noises grew louder. Long, spindly legs moved into the light. The resembled giant black widows legs, but they just kept going. There were no bodies, no abdomens, no eyes, no mouth, just legs. Sharp stabs to my legs brought me to my knees, more made me fall flat on the floor. I coughed up blood, adding to the puddle forming underneath me. The thick warm liquid warmed my skin as I slowly lost conciousness, my vision slowly faded. I felt bliss, serene as the life drained out of me. I watched as another long leg raised above me, and came down through my skull. Then all was dark.

I opened the door, it creaked loudly as it swung open along the hinges...
Original Work by P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment