Saturday, October 8, 2016

October


Blood everywhere. The entire floor was red, the walls spattered as well. Chunks of human flesh around me, I felt… complete. Warm, thick liquid dripping from my face onto my shirt and into the puddle on the floor. Ripples through the crimson lake covering the floor. Pieces of people floated on the surface. Some sat on the ground, being tall enough to pierce through the surface and be seen above. My reflection looking back at me, grinning sheepishly. White teeth turned pink, navy shirt turned jet black by the red filter of the liquid mirror.

I silently chuckled to myself, causing more ripples throughout the red sea below me. I stepped towards my table, cold, silver and in pristine condition. Then to the tray, my tools glistening beautifully. I kept them all in order, like a professional surgeon would. By now I was basically a professional, all of the experience that I had perfecting my techniques. The blades had become my friends, moving seamlessly, so precise, I had practiced a lot. A person doesn’t get this good at my hobby without putting in many hours of focusing and learning.

I had been stalking them for many months. I saw them at the mall, shopping. They laughed and made light conversation, flashing a smile at something funny that they said. I followed and got closer to them without anyone noticing, they were even more attractive up close. Bright smile, rosy cheeks, kind to the people around them. They were perfect. The best fit for my project, my newest muse.

I moved carefully, being bright and charismatic, kind to them and other people around us. They smiled and made conversation with me, trying to be kind to a nice stranger. I asked to buy them a drink from the food court, some smoothies maybe. They hesitated, “Not supposed to take food from strangers… that could get us in some serious trouble…” I laughed and said alright and backed off. I’ll convince them one way or another. They invited me to stay with them though, not wanting to be rude. I told them I’d hate to intrude, I lied. They said it was alright and included me in their activities at the mall until they started complaining about being hungry, I offered to buy dinner. “Haven’t I earned your trust? I’m not a psycho or anything I promise.” I lifted my hands as if being vulnerable to them, they had no idea and laughed at my comment.

We walked to the food court and I bought them all their burgers and shakes of choice. I walked to get everyone’s trays, and pretended to get straws and napkins while I slipped the pills into their drinks. They would be next, just a few more minutes. They ate, drank, and laughed and by the time they finished their meals they said they were tired and would head home. “So soon? We were having such a good time!” I argued. They said they would talk to me later and got my phone number and walked away. I followed behind them, making sure they didn’t notice of course. I stalked my prey carefully. They had carpooled here so they all got into the same car, by this time the drugs were really affecting them. They all passed out in the seats before even starting the car. Too easy. I got in the car with them when nobody was looking and moved the one in the driver’s seat to the back so that I could drive. I found the key in one of their pockets and started up the car, I’d be back for mine later.

When we arrived at the old farmhouse that I had converted into my workshop, I pulled the car into the garage that was attached by a hallway to the house. I carried all of them to the basement where my tools were, and tied two of them into the metal chairs used for patients in mental hospitals. The third I strapped onto my operating table. This didn’t take long, after all I am an expert. The others squirmed, I had caught about 15 people and chained them to the wall before bringing my new project home. This was going to be fun.

They all slowly woke up, trying to scream through the gags. I laughed, “Good morning, how was your rest?” they tried to scream again. I laughed.” Well I’d love to chat but I’ve got my work cut out for me.” I turned to the table with my tools, and looked at the person on my operating table. I put on my mask, the kind doctors use to keep from breathing onto their patients during surgery. I picked up the bone saw, and started cutting away the limbs. Everyone cried and screamed behind me, it was muffled enough that I didn’t lose my concentration. The blood spilled off of the sides of the metal table, dripping deliciously onto the concrete below. It felt so good to be in control, I had been waiting for this moment forever.

After I had removed all of the limbs, I picked them up and hooked their leg stubs on meat hooks hanging from the ceiling. Then I took my scalpel and cut their jugular, spilling more blood onto the floor. After carving up all 15 of them there was a significant puddle covering almost the entire floor in the small room, a pool filled with blood. I then took their severed limbs and chopped them into small pieces with a butcher knife, flesh, and bone flew everywhere. Splashing in the blood when it fell to the floor, so satisfying. So much blood.

I set my tools down once I was done, and looked around the room. Lifeless, limbless bodies hung from the ceiling. Blood covered the floor. Everything was perfect. I took the pocket knife out of my back pocket, my father had given me this knife before he shot my mother, then himself. I would be seeing him in hell. I opened it, slit my wrists, then my neck. The blood spilled out over my body, warming me like a blanket. My blood swirled and mixed with theirs, we were one. I smiled as my vision dimmed, I could see silhouettes, their bodies around me. Some swayed, like they were dancing in midair. I was barely breathing now, but all I felt was complete satisfaction.
Original Work by P.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment